Director – Surgical Oncology & Chief – Robotic Surgery
- DNB (Surgical Oncology)
Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas has a vast experience in Oncology. He is pioneer of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in India and International mentor of Robotic Surgery. His Clinical focus is on Head and Neck Oncology, Trans – Oral Robotic Surgery, Robotic GI Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Gynecological Surgery. He has been actively involved in teaching Robotic Surgery across India. He has done maximum number of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in Asia. He has numerous National and International publications. He has started Robotic Surgical Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology.
Presently working as a Director – Surgical Oncology & Chief – Robotic Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Director Head & Neck and Thoracic Services in Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon and Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi.
- Chief of Head and Neck Oncology and Robotic Surgery in Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre
- Consultant in Head and Neck Oncology in Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre
- Executive Council Membership of International Guild of Robotic & Endoscopic Head – Neck Surgeons (IGREHNS)
- Foundation of Head – Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
Publications & Presentations:
- Presented paper on “TORS in Head and Neck Cancer and our experience” at China in May 2014 ,
- Presented two posters on TORStitled “Transoral Robotic Surgery in Management of Oropharyngeal Cancers: A Preliminary Experience at a Tertiary Cancer Centre in India” and “Transoral Robotic Surgery For Recurrent or Residual Head and Neck Cancers: A Prospective Study of Feasibility and Functional Outcome” at 1st International TORS conference at Philadelphia, US in August 2014
- Dinesh A, Shukla H, Dabas S et al: Simultaneous lingual and hypoglossal nerve block: a novel technique, Journal of the American College of Surgeons 10/2015; 221(4):e133.
- Dinesh A, dabas S, Ranjan R, Shukla H: Simultaneous submandibular gland preserving neck dissection and transoral robotic surgery for oropharygeal and supraglottic malignancies, Journal of the American College of Surgeons 10/2015; 221(4):e133-e134.
- Dinesh A, Ranjan R, Shukla H, dabas S: Atypical carcinoid of larynx and management using transoral robotic surgery: Supraglottic laryngectomy, ASJO 01/2015; 1(1):55. · DOI:10.4103/2454-6798.165116
- Dabas S, Dewan A, Ranjan R, Dewan AK, Shukla H, Sinha R:Salvage Transoral Robotic Surgery for Recurrent or Residual Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Single Institution Experience, Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16(17):7627-32
- Dabas S, Dewan A, Ranjan R, Dewan AK, Puri A, Shah SH, Sinha R: Transoral robotic surgery in management of oropharyngeal cancers: a preliminary experience at a tertiary cancer centre in India, Int J ClinOncol. 2015 Aug;20(4):693-700
- Dewan AK, Dabas SK, Pradhan T, Mehta S, Dewan A, Sinha R: Squamous cell carcinoma of the superior gingivobuccal sulcus: an 11-year institutional experience of 203 cases, Jpn J ClinOncol. 2014 Sep;44(9):807-11
- Published paper on “Traumatic Handlebar Hernia associated with Hepatic Herniation “: a case report and review of the literature. Hernia. Volume 11, Number 4, August 2007, pp.365-367 (3).
- Abstract: “Completion Radical Surgery for Incidental Gall Bladder Carcinoma”. Tropical Gastroenterology 2012;32 (3) Suppl 3: S76.
- Presented poster titled Feasibility, Surgical and functional outcome of Transoral Robotic Laryngeal Conservation Surgery – Our Experience in India in 3rd international TORS conference held at San Fransisco,CA, USA