Director & HOD
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
Dr. Vinod Raina is one of India’s foremost Medical Oncologist more than 23 years experience in field of Medical Oncology. He perform approximately 600 transplants for various cancers, the largest in India in the last 20 years. This includes about 250 allotransplants. He Transplants Performed first high dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India. Have considerable research experience, Principal investigator of approximately 50 projects in AIIMS, the largest number. Co-Founder of INDOX Network, and a very successful and popular network.
- Working at FMRI as Head of Department & Director of Medical Oncology and Haematology since April 2013
- Professor of Medical Oncology at AIIMS 2001-2013
- Head Medical Oncology Department at AIIMS April 2007-2013
- Head Cancer Center, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman: 2 years and 4 months (2001-2004)
- Conducted DM course in Medical Oncology for the last 15 years, have trained about 60 DM students, these students are holding consultant positions at important places in India and abroad
- Transplants; Performed first high dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India in 1994, till now have personally performed approximately 250 transplants including approximately 70 allotransplants for various cancers
- Hon Research Fellow of Oxford University for 5 years (2005-1010)
- Headed Delhi Cancer Registry at AIIMS for 5 years. (2005-2010)
- Headed Record Section of IRCH AIIMS for 3 years.
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology 2008-2011
All adult cancers with special interest in Breast, Lung Cancer, Lymphomas, Acute and Chronic Leukemias, Bone marrow and Stem Cell transplants and GI cancer s etc.
Awards and Honours:
- Has received many national and international awards
- Principal investigator of approximately 50 projects in AIIMS, the largest number.
- Received research funding from Oxford University, University of London, National Cancer Institute USA, DBT, and ICMR and various drug trial sponsors.