Pathway International has become known as one of the world largest and trusted referral sources globally.
Our scorecard shows an unmatched record of successful heart surgeries, which include complicated coronary artery bypass operations, surgery for all types of vascular heart disease, and infant and neonatal heart surgery – with success rates comparable to none.
The commitment of our cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons in our panel to the prevention and treatment of heart disease has led to the achievement of better outcomes and improved quality of life for thousands of cardiac patients who we refer yearly.
Non Invasive Cardiology
Access General cardiology services which include preoperative evaluation and treatment and assessment of:
• Aute coronary syndrome
• Myocardial infarction
• Ischemic heart disease
• CAD with TVD DVD or SVD
• congenital heart disease
• Valvular heart disease
• Rheumatic heart disease
• Hypertension and related problem
• Cardiac rhythm abnormality
• Complete Heart Block
• Sinus Brady or Tachycardia
• Atrial fibrillation
• Infective Endocarditis
• Infiltrative disease of the heart
• Inflammatory disease of the heart
• Congestive heart failure
• Cardiogenic Shock
• Noninvasive evaluation of heart disease patients
• Perpheral artery disease
• Disease of the aorta, including Marfan’s syndrome and aortic aneurysm
• Aneurism repair
• Other services include care for pregnant women with heart disease
Procedures performed in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab include:
• Left and right heart catheterization
• Percutaneous transluminal coronary angiography
• Percutaneous transluminal coronary angiograplasty, (Coronary Stent)
• Angiojet thrombectomy (Clot Removal System)
• Peripheral arteriograms & interventions
• Permanent pacemaker implantation
• catheter ablation permanent pacemaker insertion
• Implantable cardiac defibrillators
• Cardiac resynchronisation therapy
• Balloon Valvotomies – Mitral, Aortic and pulmonary
• Percutaneous Closure of ASD, VSD and PDA
• Electrophysiology studies
• Management of patients on anticoagulants.
• Alchol Septal Ablation
• Coronary Angiography
• Coronary Angioplasty & stenting
• Temporary and permanent pacemaker implantation
• Perpheral/ Carotid angioplasty
• Stent deployment Coil embolization
• Anyrysm repair
• Valvuloplasty (BMV ,.AVP)
• Renal angioplasty (PTRA , Renal Angio)
• ASD closure
• Intraaortic balloon pump placement
• Endovascular laser therapy
• Carotid Plasty
• Thrombo aspiration
• Removal of cardiac device
• Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization
• Veubicular assist devices
• Syncope evaluation
• Stem cell therapy
Access electrophysiological centers with the following services provided:
• Electrophysiologgical study
• Radipfrequency ablation ( RAF )
• Pace maker implantation (TPI , PPI)
• ICD defibrillator implantation
• By vetricularpacingfor heart failure
• CRT-D and CRT-P implantation
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
SPECTRUM OF SERVICES YOU CAN ACCESS
A. CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFT SURGERY:
CABG continues to be the procedure of choice of surgical revascularisation of coronary artery disease. Even though, this procedure does not require cardiopulmonary bypass, OUR partners have operating suites are equipped with heart lung machine and Intra aortic balloon pumps.
The homolougus blood transfusions are minimal and can be avoided totally in large number of cases when cell saver is used.
In addition to primary CABGs, the centre is known for its proficiency in REDO CABG and combined procedures like AVR + CABG, MVR + CABG and carotid endarectomy.
The internal mammary arteries (Left/Right/Bilateral) are the most preferred conduits for CABG except Bilateral IMA is avoided in insulin dependent in diabetics. The radial artery is the next best conduit.
Aorto coronary by pass is the usual mode of surgical revescularisation, but LIMA – RIMA Y graft is often used in younger patients for Total Arterial Revascularisation.
Acute and urgent surgical intervention maybe required to treat acute coronary syndrome complicated by left main stenosis, Post infarction VSD, Impending Cardiac Rupture or Acute Mitral Regurgitation and the unit gears up 24/7 to envisage these life saving operations with good outcomes. Valuable adjuncts like a large number of ventilators and Intracardiac balloon pumps help in salvaging these very sick patients.
Redo CABG are readily accepted and large numbers have been carried out with 95% success.
B. VALVE SURGERY:
All valve surgeries are undertaken with confidence and both repairs and replacements are done with good outcomes.
Both Prosthetic (metallic) valve substitutes and Bio-prosthetic (tissue) valve substitutes are available. The surgeons are fairly experienced in carrying out valves repairs whenever possible and endeavor to preserve the subvalvar apparatus during mitral valve replacements. Intra –operative Transesophagial echocardiography is available whenever needed.
C. ANEURYSM SURGERY:
Aortic aneurysms are handled with confidence. Elective and Emergency surgeries are undertaken to take care of aortic dissections day or night. A number of aortic root replacements (Bentall operations) have been done with 90-95% success.
D. CONGENITAL HEART DEFECTS:
The entire gamut of congenital heart defects are accepted for repairs. Neonatal arterial switch operations for Transposition are done regularly. Other intra cardiac palliative and corrective surgeries are offered for complex congenital defects. Epicardial chocardiography is available for assessing efficiency of procedures carried out.
E. THORACIC SURGERY:
All thoracic surgical procedures like lung resections decortications, volume reduction surgery are undertaken by dedicated team of Thoracic Surgeons. VATS (Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery) is also available.
F. VASCULAR SURGERY:
Peripheral vascular disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm and carotid artery disease are appropriately handled by dedicated surgeons when indicated.