MS, M.Ch (Neuro Surgery) , FNS(Japan)
12 Years of experience
- From Oct 2015 – Associate Professor of Neurosurgery , Center for Advanced Brain and Spine Surgery, Tamilnadu Govt Multi Superspeciality Hospital, Omandurar Govt Estate, Chennai
- Sep 2014 – Sep 2015 – Associate Professor of Neurosurgery , Govt. Royapettah Hospital, Chennai.
- 2012 – 2014 – Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at Govt.Medical College Hospital, Trichy.
- Established the Neurosurgery department afresh by creating the theatre and ward infrastructures, staffing and training, trauma and out-patient services, and successfully initiated full fledged services providing brain and spine tumor surgeries, micro-discectomies and spinal stabilization procedures, head and spine trauma surgeries and aneurysm clippings.
- Also worked as a Consultant Neurosurgeon in the corporate sector with Kauvery Hospital and Frontline Hospital, Trichy.
- 2008 – 2011 – Assistant Prof. of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurology, Madras Medical College, Chennai. In this renowned and a high volume Neurosurgical and Neurotrauma centre performed extensive brain and spine surgeries of all common and rare pathologies.
- 2010 – FNS – Fellowship in Neurosurgery, Fujita Health University, Japan.
- Under the guidance of Prof. H.Sano, a pioneer in Aneurysm and AVM surgeries, underwent training in cutting edge techniques using state of the art technology in treating these disorders and also had basic training in Neuro-endoscopy by Dr.Watabe, a renowned Endoscopic Neurosurgeon.
- 2005 – 2008 – M.Ch (Neurosurgery), PG Registrar at Madras Medical College, Chennai.
- 2004 – 2005 – Tutor in Neurosurgery in Govt. Medical College Hospital, Thanjavur and also in Govt. Stanley Medical College Hospital, Chennai
- Operated more than 2000 patients in my Neurosurgical career in the Government and Corporate sector ranging from Aneurysm Clipping and AVM surgeries, Skull Base surgeries including Transnasal Trans Sphenoidal Pituitary Adenoma resections, Skull Base Meningioma and Craniopharyngioma surgeries, CP angle and Posterior fossa tumors. In the spinal cord, have performed various cord tumor surgeries. In the Spinal column and discs, have treated TB Spine, performed C1-C2 Lateral mass fusion & Occipito Cervical Fusion for CV Junction Anomalies , Micro Discectomy of Cervical and Lumbar discs, Anterior and Posterior Cervical ,Trans-thoracic and Posterior Lumbar fusion procedures for Spinal Stabilization. In Neuro Endoscopy I have specialized in Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy (ETV) for Hydrocephalus , Colloid Cyst Excision and Intra ventricular Tumour excision
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery (Japan)
- Neurological society of India (NSI)
- Skull base surgeons society of India
- Neuro Spine Surgeons Association of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Skull Base surgery
- Neuro Endoscopy
- Brain and Spine Oncological surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine surgery