(Padma Shri, Hon.Surgeon To President Of India)
Specialization: Orthopaedics, Joint Replacement & Spine
Department: Institutes of Orthopaedics
Location: Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Ortho), Mch(Ortho) England, Dip Sports Medicine Dublin
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded Padma Shri by President of India – 2009
- Confered Dr. B. C. Roy National Awards by President of India – 2016
- Appointed Hon. Surgeon to President of India -2016
- Appointed Hon. Consultant to Indian Armed Forces – 2002
- Appointed Hon. Consultant to Border Security Force – 1998
- Commendation from President, Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- Commendation by Delhi Orthopaedic Association.
- ‘Romesh Chander’ Best Doctor Award for his Service to the Elderly.
- Commendation Award by International President of Lions Club.
- ‘Chiktask Ratna Award’ given by Akhil Bhartiya
- Swantrata Lekhak Manch.
- Awarded ‘Distinguished Service Award’ by President New Delhi IMA, New Delhi on Doctor’s Day June.
- Certificate of appreciation from Aligarh Muslim University for teaching spine surgery to faculty.
- Certificate of appreciation from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, for Teaching.
- Best Paper Award, Annual Orthopaedic Conference, Delhi.
Pioneered the concept of Gyroscope based computer Navigation for Knee Replacement in India and have largest series of Total Knee Replacement with I- Assist Navigation Technique.This provides much greater accuracy , less blood loss,Early rehabilitation and increased longevity of the replace knee.
Conducted the largest series of Total Hip Replacement for Sickle Cell Disease in India including the treating the .
Youngest patient for Total Hip Replacement
Dr. Gulati has been doing Primary & Revision Knee & Hip Replacement for over 20 years and has done large number of surgeries with excellent results.
He was invited to perform live demonstration Knee Replacement and Hip Replacement Surgery in Golden Jubilee Conference of Indonesian.
- Best Paper Award for my work on Anterior Approach to Spine in Annual Conference of Orthopaedics held in Delhi
- First Indian to have done Endoscopic Disc Surgery in India
- Specialised in minimally invasive spine surgery, microscope assisted disk surgery
- He is amongst handful of surgeons doing Minimally Invasive Trans Foraminal Inter Body Fusion ( MITLIF) He did live demonstration of Microdiscectomy on Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association held in Patna.
- Operated on former Prime Minister of India,
- Treated three Presidents of India,
- Performed surgery on family members of President and Prime Minister of Mozambique, many Ambassadors and prominent personalities
- President, Delhi Orthopaedic Association 2013
- Given over 500 lectures in various conferences in India and abroad
- Also, Delivered prestigious orations and published work in various journals India and abroad.
- Helped in starting spine surgery in JN Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University 15 years ago.
- Voluntary basis and over the years this branch has prospered and benefited large number of patients.
Recognized as Inspirational Personality
- Newer concepts and path breaking surgeries done by me were published in National Indian News Papers several times.
- National Television, Doordarshan made two programs based on my life (one hour each)
- Z Business TV made a one hour program based on my life in the category of inspirational personalities in “Big Idea”
- Pioneer in promoting the concept of Medical Tourism toIndia in 2001. Our faith in this concept has borne fruit and now India is a health care destination for people from many countries.
- Surgeries performed by me were shown on
- BRITISH TV as documentaries on ITV, BBC. and also American TV CNN
- News about work done by me was published on front page of SUNDAY TIMES, LONDON along with my picture and also in other countries
- Introduced modern Gyroscope based Navigation for Knee Replacement in UAE and news was published in GULF TIMES, DUBAI
Contribution towards SPORTS
(On voluntary basis, free of charge ) Provided medical cover for various international sports events
- Over last 15 years , provided medical cover for all the Cricket Test Matches and One Day International Matches held in Delhi.
- Operated on India Test Captain Anil Kumble, international players like Dirk Nennes, Mohammad Asif and treated many other international players like Mohinder Amarnath, BishenBedi, Virender Sehwag , Gautam Gambhir etc
- Performed surgery on India’s ace Car Racing Star Gaurav Gill and have been treating other sportsmen in this field.
- Doctor in charge for providing medical cover during World Cup Hockey Tournament held in Delhi
Commonwealth Games, New Delhi, India
Hon. Member, Medical Sub Committee
Sports Authority of India
- Hon. consultant way back in in 1990, 91 and treated and advised budding players
- Participated in operation “SADBHAVANA” by Indian Army to integrate people of J & K into national mainstream.
- Trustee, Vridh Nagrik Kesri Club to look after the needs of elderly
- This has 21 branches and organizes social get together, medical camps and seminars for the elderly on voluntary basis. No funding is taken from any government agencies.
- Free Health Camps and public lectures for poor patients in different parts of the country
- Appreciation certificate from President, Lions Club (International) for contribution for social causes
Fellowships / Memberships
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Association of Spine Surgeon of India
- Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA)
- Indian Society for Hip & Knee Surgeons (ISHKS)
- Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA)
- South Delhi Orthopaedic Society (SDOS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Indian Federation Of Sports Medicine (IFSM)
- Delhi Medical Council (DMC)